Saturday, March 1, 2008



We have been exploring the island quite a bit lately, taking advantage of the cooler weather. I'm sad to say we are now thin skinned and couldn't make it through an Idaho winter right now. But in defense, not sure you Idahoans could make it through and Okinawa summer right now either.
We have some great friends, one who is Japanese, who let Andi borrow this little Japanese blessing dress with accessories. She loved it, posing prettily for the camera. The girls can speak a little Japanese, but since there are so many Americans on the base they don't get alot of opportunity to use it.
Okinawa is a tropical island, so beach activities are the favorite. We love to go beach combing for seashells and sea glass. Though we are excited for the warm weather to go swimming again. Anthony and I hope to try to go snorkeling and maybe scuba diving this year. The waters around the island are saturated with beautiful corral communities. This place is rated in the top 10 spots to scuba dive in the world. The sea life is truly amazing. Hopefully, I will be able to post that success story later! :P

1 comments:

Randi said...

The girls are growing up soooooooo fast!! I cannot even wait to see them and you all again! I will be waiting 4 you!!I Luv U!

I MISS U!
Randi